To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
It is a five year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed (10+2) level. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes and science based industries.
Admission to BS-MS Degree Programme 2017
Application portal http://www.iiseradmission.in/ for admission to all IISERs for the academic year 2017 will open on May 22nd.
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students
Candidates passing class XII board examination in 2016 or in 2017 in Science stream and meeting at least one of the following criteria are eligible:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- IIT JEE Advanced 2017 (JEE). Students securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2017 rank list for admissions to IIT. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
- State and Central Boards (SCB) : Students with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in class XII board examination, as notified in http://www.iiseradmission.in. Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear and qualify the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted a various centers across the country. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.